The "This is Litter Too" campaign is a cigarette butt litter prevention campaign funded by Keep America Beautiful and in partnership with Keep Horry County Beautiful and Horry-Georgetown Technical College. At CCU, there are designated smoking areas, which are located in the gazebos throughout campus. Smoking is only permited in these areas and there are designated waste receptacles for your cigarette butts too.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Litter cleanups in the U.S. cost $11.5 billion a year.
- Keep America Beautiful 2009 National Visible Litter Survey and Litter Cost Study found that litter in a community decreases property values by at least 7 percent.
- 35 percent of cigarettes are disposed of on the ground, 37 percent in bushes, 25 percent near trash receptacles, 15 percent in planters.
- Strongest predictor of litter is the number of ash receptors, for every ash receptor, a percentage of cigarette litter goes down by 9 percent.
- Of smokers who work, 41.8% report their work does not have an ash receptacle.
To get a pocket ashtray or car ashtray, call (843) 349-5041 or email email@example.com