Facilitating Undergraduate Research Excellence
The Office for Undergraduate Research, directed by Rob Young, is housed in Sand Hall 111, under the auspices of the Provost. It strives to facilitate research experiences for undergraduates with University faculty members across the disciplines, advocates for increased undergraduate research opportunities, and showcases Coastal undergraduate research outcomes.
The Office for Undergraduate Research assists students in:
- Planning for an undergraduate research experience;
- Identifying faculty mentors and projects;
- Defining research goals;
- Presenting and publishing research findings; and,
- Seeking funding for their research.
The Office for Undergraduate Research helps University faculty by:
- Inviting them to post their undergraduate research opportunities on this website;
- Encouraging them to submit their students' research citations on our "For Faculty" page
- Offering assistance in preparing grant proposals for funding department-based undergraduate research opportunities;
- Providing support for the inclusion of research projects in undergraduate courses.
The Office for Undergraduate Research maintains a list of undergraduate research opportunities during the summer and beyond the University, in addition to a list of local and national conferences. In addtion, the Office promotes and facilitates ways for undergraduates to participate in research with faculty and to have access to undergraduate research opportunities by:
- Creating initiatives that expand research opportunities;
- Providing a public forum for students to present their work; and,
- Assisting faculty to integrate undergraduates into the knowledge-making process.
Rob Young is a member of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR). The mission CUR is to support and promote high-quality undergraduate student-faculty collaborative research and scholarship.
Save the Date
Annual CCU Undergraduate Research Competiton / Celebration of Inquiry
April 12-14, 2016
Coastal Carolina University
Abstract Deadline: February 22, 2016
Website: click UGR Competition link on left menu bar
Bridges, CCU Journal of Student Research
Call for papers deadline: February 5, 2016
National Council for Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
April 7-9, 2016
Abstract Deadline: December 2, 2015
South Carolina Academy of Science
April 16, 2016
Rock Hill, SC
Abstract Deadline: February 20, 2016
- 016 Meeting: April 16, 2016, Winthrop University (Rock Hill, SC)
- Abstract Deadline: February 20, 2016
- Early Registration Deadline: March 20, 2016
- Website: http://www.scasannualmeeting.com
Office for Undergraduate Research
Baxley Hall 223A