Facilitating Undergraduate Research Excellence
Facilitating Research Excellence
The Office for Undergraduate Research , directed by Charmaine Tomczyk email@example.com, is housed in SANDS Hall 111, under the auspices of the Provost . It strives to facilitate research experiences for undergraduates with University faculty members across the disciplines, advocates for increased undergraduate research opportunities, and showcases Coastal undergraduate research outcomes.
The Office for Undergraduate Research assists students in:
- Planning for an undergraduate research experience;
- Identifying faculty mentors and projects;
- Defining research goals;
- Presenting and publishing research findings; and,
- Seeking funding for their research.
The Office for Undergraduate Research helps University faculty by:
- Inviting them to post their undergraduate research opportunities on this web site;
- Encouraging them to submit their students' research citations on our "For Faculty" page
- Offering assistance in preparing grant proposals for funding department-based undergraduate research opportunities;
- Providing support for the inclusion of research projects in undergraduate courses.
The Office for Undergraduate Research also maintains a list of undergraduate research opportunities during the summer and beyond the University, in addition to a list of local and national conferences.
Charmaine Tomczyk is a member of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) The mission CUR is to support and promote high-quality undergraduate student-faculty collaborative research and scholarship.
This Office promotes and facilitates ways for undergraduates to participate in research with faculty. We work to ensure that all Coastal Carolina University students have access to undergraduate research opportunities by:
- Creating initiatives that expand research opportunities;
- Providing a public forum for students to present their work; and,
- Assisting faculty to integrate undergraduates into the knowledge-making process.