Benefits of Research
Participating in undergraduate research can provide opportunities for you to:
- Work one-on-one with faculty, graduate students, and post-doctoral researchers;
- Contribute to the creation of new knowledge;
- Sharpen your critical and analytical thinking skills;
- Complement and extend your classroom learning;
- Enhance your confidence in your abilities;
- Prepare for graduate-level study; and,
- Explore your interests and clarify your career goals.
Some of the greatest benefits of being involved in research are the insights it gives you on:
- the ways you learn best,
- How new knowledge is created; and,
- What you can accomplish when actively engaging your own research questions, or
- How to effectively collaborate in a team for a shared initiative.