Article III: Membership
- Membership is open to all who support the purpose, mission and goals of the organization through an annual financial commitment and service initiatives.
- Members in good standing are defined as those who make a minimum annual donation of membership dues.
- Donations and gifts to WIPL are made through the Coastal Educational Foundation (CEF), whose purpose is to seek and provide support for CCU. The CEF is organized as a nonprofit corporation under the South Carolina Nonprofit Corporation Act and is a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended.
- Categories of membership will be established and periodically reviewed by the WIPL Board, in consultation with the Office for Philanthropy.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Membership:
- Vote on matters relating to WIPL business.
- Attend and participate in meetings, committees and affiliated activities to further the goals of WIPL.