Registration opens for 2016 Conference and Celebration
The sixth Women's Leadership Conference and Celebration of Inspiring Women has been set for Wednesday, Feb. 10 and Thursday, Feb. 11, 2016, at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Registration is now open »
The 2016 speaker roster includes the following women (additional speakers will be announced soon):
- Alice Domar, Ph.D., pioneer and expert in the application of mind/body medicine to women's health issues
- Sandra DuBose, motivational speaker and author known The Bald Beauty Queen of Self-Esteem for her inspirational journey of rebuilding self-confidence after being diagnosed with an incurable disease
- Polly Letofsky, inspirational author and speaker who recaps her 14,000-mile walk across four continents and 22 countries
- Jessica Odede, co-founder and COO of Shining Hope for Communities, an organization that combats extreme poverty and gender inequality in Kenya
- Teyonah Parris, television, film and Broadway actor, known for her role as Dawn Chambers on AMC's "Mad Men"
- Sarah Thomas, the first woman to be hired as a full-time game official in the history of the National Football League
Preconference workshops on Wednesday, Feb. 10 will focus on entrepreneurship. Speakers include (additional speakers will be announced soon):
- Monica Fine, Ph.D., Ph.D., current CCU professor and owner of the marketing firm B. Fine Consulting
- Leann J. Mischel, current CCU professor and former vice president of JPMorgan Chase and Priceline.com
The Celebration of Inspiring Women, to be held the evening of Feb. 11, will honor remarkable individuals and celebrate their contributions to our state, region, nation and world. Honorees will be announced soon.
For additional information about speakers, the pre-conference workshops focusing on women’s entrepreneurship, or sponsorships and exhibitor spaces, click here.
WIPL announces 2015-2016 scholarship recipients
Twenty-seven Coastal Carolina University students have been awarded scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year through Women in Philanthropy and Leadership for Coastal Carolina University (WIPL). The 2015-2016 recipients are from eight states, including 17 from South Carolina, and have received scholarships totaling $30,000. Since 2007, WIPL has provided 152 scholarships for deserving Coastal Carolina University students.
THE WIPL EFFECT
Hear from WIPL's first Legacy Endowed Scholar about her Coastal Carolina University experience
(run time 2:16)
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW
SAVE THE DATE
Thursday, Dec. 10, Noon
Alford Ballroom, Atheneum Hall
Chief of Staff
S.C. Department of Social Services
LEARN MORE »