Academic Center Support Program
Horry County Higher Education Commission (HCHEC) Request for Funding of Academic Center or Projects
- Click here to download the application
This funding is intended for support of on-going centers, organizations, institutes, and other group initiatives based in the Academic Colleges.
Preference may be given to seed money requests over ongoing maintenance requests.
Applicants may use any number of appendices provided as attachments to the form to include additional information, documentation such as IRB applications, letters of support, or non-text information.
Applicants must submit the proposal and all attachments to the college dean electronically using the form provided.
Applicants should address questions regarding preparation of their proposal to their college dean or contact Stephanie Cassavaugh in the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Services (OSPRS) at email@example.com or 843-349-5030 for assistance.
Applications must include a determination of dean support and this may require the establishment of earlier internal deadlines with the colleges.
Deans must submit the complete application and appendices as attachments to the OSPRS (OSPRS@coastal.edu) by 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 8, 2020.
Submission and Review Process
1. Download this application form, save it to your computer, open, complete the form, and then save the document. You must download the application form to your computer.
2. Respond to questions 1 – 4; 5 and 6, if applicable.
3. Forward the application and all appendix attachments (if applicable) via email to your dean (please note any internal deadlines they may have).
4. Deans will indicate on the application their support of the proposal, pledge their financial support (if applicable), and comment on the merit of the proposal.
5. Deans will submit the complete application, including all attachments, to the OSPRS at: OSPRS@coastal.edu by 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 8, 2020.
6. The OSPRS will review the application for completeness and compliance with the guidelines and work with applicants to make any needed edits prior to submission.
7. The OSPRS will submit the final application to the Provost for review and approval.
8. The Provost will forward applications to the HCHEC’s College Support Committee.