ARC Peer Leaders
ARC peer leaders are assigned to serve as mentors to incoming freshmen in a section of UNIV 110 to support them in their transition to Coastal. Peer leaders will encourage academic success and help to promote campus involvement and will help freshmen become acclimated to university life and to our CCU traditions.
ARC Peer Leader Responsibilities:
- Serve as a positive role model to their mentees, maintaining a positive attitude and promoting engagement in the life of the University.
- Collaborate with assigned UNIV 110 instructor and attend class as negotiated.
- Participate in initial and ongoing training and staff meetings.
- Maintain complete and current records of interactions with mentees.
- Bring to the attention of the directors any concerns or issues in a timely fashion.
- Register for a three-credit course on mentoring and peer leadership.
ARC Peer Leader Selection
Students are nominated by their deans, professors, advisors, department chairs or other faculty and staff. Selected individuals will then be notified by letter to participate in the interview screening process.
- Good academic standing and possess a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Familiarity with campus resources or willingness and ability to quickly learn.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Sophomore or Junior standing.
- Prior mentorship experience.
- Successful completion of UNIV 110.