Building on the knowledge learned in entry-level health professional program, the purpose of the Bachelor of Science in health administration completion program (BSHA) is to provide advanced knowledge, values and critical judgment skills needed to assume leadership and management roles in health care environments. This program will prepare graduates for advanced employment roles and for admission to advanced degree program such as Master in Business Administration (MBA) or Master in Health Administration (BHA).
The Student Experience
- Mounting complexities in the health care environment mandate that health care professionals possess appropriate education preparation to advance to administrative positions.
- The Health Administration completion program builds on the knowledge gained in entry-level health professional programs and provides the advanced knowledge, values and critical judgment skills needed to assume leadership and management roles in health care settings.
- All courses in the Health Administration completion program are delivered in a distance learning format using the Blackboard Learning Management system (high-speed internet access is required).
- Coastal Carolina University’s core curriculum requirements will be waived for students enrolled in the program who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.), an Associate of Science (A.S.), a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), or a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- The B.S. in Health Administration may be completed as a full-time or a part-time student.
Beyond the Classroom
Students in this program study: technical writing; biomedical ethics; health policy; health care marketing; health data analysis, managing health information; and human resource management.
Lecturer, Program Coordinator
Department of Health Sciences
Swain Hall 146