Professor of Instructional Technology
- All classes for Dr. Dickerson are online
- Online office hours are available 9-5 M-F online via SKYPE (CCUprofessorjd)
- Face-to-face office hours are Wednesday from 8:00-2:00 or as needed any day by appointment
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for F2F or SKYPE
- Email is answered 24/7/365 within 24 regular business hours.
- If your email is not returned, it could have been marked as SPAM, so please call and leave a voicemail
Dr. Dickerson is a Professor of Instructional Technology in the College of Education at Coastal Carolina University in the Myrtle Beach/Conway area of South Carolina. Dr. Dickerson specializes in online and distance education and teaches in the Master of Education in Instructional Technology; the Educational Specialist in Instructional Technology and the Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Training programs.
Administrative Experience at Coastal Carolina University:
Dr. Dickerson served as Coordinator of Online Instructional Technology Programs from 2011-2017
- Master of Education in Instructional Technology
- Educational Specialist in Instructional Technology
- Certificate in Online Teaching and Training
He has a doctoral degree in Technology Education with a minor in Training and Development from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. An active scholar, he has produced over forty professional publications (articles, chapters, textbook, cases, etc. - not including conference proceedings) and over seventy professional presentations at conferences and meetings in the United States, Canada, South America and Europe.
His professional experiences include designing, developing, and implementing distance education programs, technology management, adult teaching/training, and consulting in education, business and industry. He has worked in five different universities as either full-time or adjunct faculty, provided professional training and research consulting services in business/industry settings including national workforce training centers, financial organizations, the construction industry and large-scale federal government projects. Dr. Dickerson has been an educational consultant and advisor in numerous K-12 school projects including the analysis of student achievement data as well as teacher/administrator performance inquiry projects. Dr. Dickerson also has over a decade of experience with training programs in the electrical industry, including providing training services at national training conferences as well as many curriculum design/implementation initiatives.