Professor of Instructional Technology
- All classes for Dr. Dickerson are online
- Online office hours are available 9-5 M-F online via SKYPE (CCUprofessorjd)
- Face-to-face office hours are Wednesday from 8:00-2:00 or as needed any day by appointment
- Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment for F2F or SKYPE
- Email is answered 24/7/365 within 24 regular business hours.
- If your email is not returned, it could have been marked as SPAM, so please call and leave a voicemail
Dr. Dickerson is a Professor of Instructional Technology in the College of Education at Coastal Carolina University in the Myrtle Beach/Conway area of South Carolina. Dr. Dickerson teaches in the Master of Education in Instructional Technology; the Educational Specialist in Instructional Technology and the Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Training programs.
He has a doctoral degree in Technology Education with a minor in Training and Development from North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. An active scholar, he has produced over forty professional publications (articles, chapters, textbook, cases, etc. - not including conference proceedings) and over seventy professional presentations at conferences and meetings in the United States, Canada, South America and Europe.
His professional experiences include technology management, adult teaching/training and consulting in education, business and industry. He has worked in five different universities as either full-time or adjunct faculty, provided professional training and research consulting services in business/industry settings including national workforce training centers, financial organizations, the construction industry and large-scale federal government projects. Dr. Dickerson has been an educational consultant and adviser in numerous K-12 school projects including the analysis of student achievement data as well as teacher/administrator performance inquiry projects. Dr. Dickerson also has over a decade of experience with training programs in the electrical industry, including providing training services at national training conferences as well as many curriculum design/implementation initiatives.