Corinne Dalelio, PhD
Graduate Coordinator | Associate Professor - Communication, Media, & Culture
When we change the way we communicate, we change society.” – Clay Shirky
Dr. Corinne Dalelio is an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication, Media, & Culture at Coastal Carolina University.
Her research investigations focus on digital media and online communication, and her dissertation presented the development of a method for mapping and visualizing online discussion board interactions. She enjoys teaching classes on topics related to interactive media and media literacy. Dr. Dalelio has eight years of professional experience in digital web design and marketing, and she also served as a graduate assistant at Rutgers Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, where she was involved in the development and design of several innovative and collaborative online education and outreach efforts.
Ph.D., Communication/Media Studies, Rutgers University (2010)
M.A., Communication & Information Studies, Rutgers University (2005)
B.A., English, Rutgers University (2001)
- Dalelio, C. M. (2022). Interactive Media & Society. Lexington Books. https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781793633002/Interactive-Media-and-Society
- Dalelio, C. & Weinhold, W. M. (2020). “I know from personal experience”: Citizen news discussions and knowledge sharing on Reddit. The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge, and Society, 16(1), 13-34. DOI: 10.18848/1832-3669/CGP/v16i01/13-34
- Dalelio, C. (2019). The collaborative identity project: A shared transmedia experience in digital representation. Communication Teacher. DOI: 10.1080/17404622.2019.1653486
- Dalelio, C., Barker, G. & Selby, C. (2017). Listening for learning: Using focus groups for assessment. In Reisman, F. & DiPietro, S. (Eds.), Drexel University Conference Proceedings, 2017 Assessment Conference. Philadelphia, PA.
- Dalelio, C. M. (2015). A design framework of interactive media. Journal of Digital & Media Literacy, 3(1). Retrieved from http://www.academia.edu/attachments/49817439/download_file?s=portfolio
- Dalelio, C. M. (2013). Student participation in online discussion boards in a higher education setting. International Journal on E-Learning, 12(3), 249-271.
Communication, Media, Technology, Interactive Journalism
Digital Communication, Knowledge Sharing, Interactive Media, Identity.