Craig Gilman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor/Director of Undergraduate Programs
Contact Craig Gilman, Ph.D.843-349-2228 firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Annex II 102JOffice hours: by appointment
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria, Victoria B. C.
- Ph. D., Physical Oceanography, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- B.S., Physical Oceanography, Cook College, Rutgers University
- M.S., Physical Oceanography, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- Associate Professor, Department of Marine Science, Coastal Carolina University
- Assistant Professor, Department of Marine Science, Coastal Carolina University
Research and Scientific Interests
- STEM Education – Integrating inquiry-based lessons to facilitate education in middle and high schools
- Atmosphere-Ocean Interactions – Focusing on the exchange of heat at the ocean surface and its effect on ocean circulation
- Remote Sensing of the Oceans – Primarily the analysis of sea surface temperature images obtained from NOAA and NASA satellites
- Gulf Stream Dynamics – Development of a long-term data set of ring formations and the role of the Gulf Stream ocean heat transport
- Hurricane Dynamics – Correlations between hurricane development and several atmospheric oscillations