Scott E. Pleasant
Writing Center Coordinator
Contact Scott E. Pleasant843-349-4154 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kearns 102AOffice: Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 12:00PM and 1:00PM - 5:00PM. (Due to the nature of my position, these hours are subject to frequent change. If I need to be out of the office, I always leave a note on my door saying when I will return.)
“It ain’t about how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.”—Rocky Balboa
In 2004, Scott Pleasant got the opportunity to come to Coastal Carolina as a member of the English Department, where he taught happily for six years before moving into his current position as the CCU Writing Center Coordinator in 2010. Since taking that position, Scott has published several articles on writing center assessment and other writing center issues. He has also co-written a book about the 1989 Conway High School football boycott with Joe Oestreich of the CCU English Department. The book (Lines of Scrimmage) was published in 2015 by the University Press of Mississippi.
Scott Pleasant received his bachelor’s in English from East Tennessee State University in 1988. His plan as an undergraduate was to teach high school English, but after entering the master’s program in English at ETSU, he switched his focus to college-level English. He taught developmental and remedial writing and reading at ETSU while working on his master’s. After completing his M.A. degree at ETSU, he entered the Ph.D. program at Auburn University, where he gained experience in teaching literature, English as a Second Language, and technical/professional writing.
- Has a collection of more than thirty ukuleles
- Plays guitar and sometimes keyboard with a band composed of CCU faculty and staff that once opened up for the Doobie Brothers at the House of Blues
- Loves college football (especially CCU, Auburn, and ETSU)
- Co-wrote the words to the CCU fight song (“We’re the Chanticleers”)
- Undergraduate: East Tennessee State University
- Graduate: Auburn University and East Tennessee State University