About the Trustee Award
The Coastal Carolina University Board of Trustees has established the $5,000 Trustee Award designed to encourage students to accelerate their academic experience, completing what would normally be a four-year degree in just three years.
The Trustee Award is open to all first-time freshmen entering Coastal Carolina University, beginning with the Fall 2014 semester. To qualify for the Trustee Award, the student must meet the following conditions:
- The student entered Coastal Carolina University as a first-time freshman, no earlier than Fall 2014.
- The student completed his or her undergraduate degree within three (3) years (36 consecutive months following initial enrollment).
- The student earned all collegiate credits at Coastal Carolina University or via a CCU-sponsored study abroad program, excluding all credits earned in high school that transferred to the University.
- The Trustee Award Application must be submitted online by the last day of the student's first semester. Click here to apply »
- Award certification occurs during the graduation process; the Office of the Registrar will pull all eligible graduates from among graduation applicants for certification of completion. Following official degree conferral the CCU Office of Financial Services will contact recipients via letter. Recipients will need to provide documentation in order for funds to be disbursed, and that documentation will accompany the letter. If you wish to confirm your inclusion among eligible recipients, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- All Trustee Award-eligible graduation applicants are eligible to wear honor cords at commencement. These cords are available through the Office of the Provost and may be obtained following the eligible student's completion of a graduation application.
- The Trustee Award is payable in cash to the student following his or her certification of graduation. The student will receive a 1099 or a W-2 form and is responsible for all applicable taxes.
Important information regarding the Trustee Award
While admittance into the Degree in Three program is not required to be eligible for the Trustee Award, it is highly encouraged. Students enrolled in the Degree in Three program are automatically eligible for the Trustee Award. The Degree in Three program offers numerous benefits to students interested in graduating early including dedicated advising services, summer course offerings, early registration, and special interst housing communities geared to facilitate student success. Learn more about CCU's accelerated degree programs »
For more information regarding the financial administration of the Trustee Award, contact the Office of Financial Services at 843-349-2758. For academic information, students are encouraged to contact their advisers.