Avoid I-20 Delays
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will review an applicant's file for I-20 issuance after a student has been officially admitted to Coastal Carolina University. This includes review of financial and identification documents. Your patience is appreciated as the time that it takes to evaluate all documentation and to process an I-20 varies from applicant to applicant. Paying attention to the following points will help you to avoid unnecessary delays.
Submit the required documents for I-20 processing early rather than waiting until after the admission decision is made. Documents must not be older than six months at time the I-20 is issued. When submitting documents by email, please send them as an attachment, and formatted as a .docx, .doc, or .pdf file extension. All information should be clearly visible.
Documents required for I-20
- A copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- A completed Confidential Financial Statement 2018-2019
- A notorized Affidavit of bank account balance from financial institution.
- A valid mailing address (either in home country or in U.S)
Additional materials are required for students, who are currently in the US or have an active SEVIS record.
- A completed SEVIS Transfer Form from current educational institution.