Academic Advising for Students in the Honors College
Information for students in the Honors Program, the Sustainability and Coastal Resilience major, and the Women and Gender Studies major. For academic advising in other programs, please refer to the University Advising webpage.
Welcome to Academic Advising for Students in the Honors College. With a staff of full-time professional advisors, faculty advisors and student staff, we do our best to support students and help them make the best decisions about their college experience.
- Honors First-Year Advising
- Women's and Gender Studies Advising: Contact Ina Seethaler
- Sustainability and Coastal Resilience Advising: Contact Darcy Coughlan
Please take time to look through our website to familiarize yourself with what we have to offer. These pages are updated frequently.
We are dedicated to student learning and individual development. CCU's mission is to “develop students who are both knowledgeable in their chosen field and prepared to be productive, responsible, healthy citizens with a global perspective.” This philosophy will be reflected by advisors who will:
- Assist students with understanding and acceptance of themselves and others
- Assist students in establishing their goals for college and life by understanding the relationship between their interests, skills, abilities and values
- Assist students in developing an educational plan consistent with their life goals and objectives
- Increase the decision-making effectiveness of students
- Provide accurate information on institutional policies, resources, procedures and additional programs in a timely manner
- Identify the needs of students early in the semester to refer students to institutional and community support services including but not limited to: the Foreign Language Instructional Center (FLIC), Mathematics Learning Center, Writing Center, computer labs and other student services such as Counseling and Career Services
- Teach students how to evaluate their progress toward goal fulfillment
- Incorporate core technologies through MyCoastal, WebAdvisor and Moodle
Coastal Carolina University is a premier academic institution serving the needs of its students. The staff in the Advising Center is cognizant of our mandate and will strive to continue the tradition of excellence in serving our students and the CCU community.
For more Information:
First-Year Advising Center
Kearns Hall 213A