Applying for Graduation
This page is for students graduating in the current or next semester. Follow the steps below to ensure you are on the official list for Commencement.
Step 1: Check Program Evaluation
- Your program evaluation should read Pending (Anticipated Complete) or Complete. If it reads Incomplete, please follow the troubleshooting guide.
- Resources: WebAdvisor
Troubleshooting the "Incomplete" Program Eval
- Are you listed as a pre-major?
If your major says "INTSP" or "Pre-INTS" then check out the Enrolling in the Program page and follow the steps to officially join the major.
- Do you have a 2.0 GPA overall?
You can still apply for graduation with less than a 2.0, but you must earn the 2.0 by your final semester in order to be rewarded with a diploma.
- Have you completed 120 total credits?
You must complete 30 hours at Coastal to receive a degree from this institution, and 120 hours total to receive a Bachelor's by federal law.
- Is your Core Curriculum complete?
If your core is incomplete, then you are either missing a course, need to do a petition to the core, or get a core waiver if you have an A.A./A.S.
- Is your Major complete?
If your major is incomplete, you are either missing a course, your grades may be below a C, or you may need to apply for a substitution.
- Contact the Academic Advisor for further assistance.
Step 2: Submit the Application for Graduation
- Download an Application below.
- Fill in your basic student information on both forms.
- Fill in the degree information on the bottom of the first page:
- Degree Name: B.A.I. (Arts) or B.S.I. (Math/Science)
- First Major Name: Interdisciplinary Studies
- First Minor Name: Only if you are declaring one
- Concentration: The title you created for your program of study
- Leave the table on the second form blank.
- Print and sign both forms and submit to the Academic Advisor.
Step 3: Submit the Diploma Application Fee
- Pay the Diploma Application Fee through WebAdvisor or at Student Accounts. Print or forward the receipt of payment to the Academic Advisor, or attach this receipt to the Application.
Step 4: Await Approval from the Dean's Office
- The Academic Advisor and the Dean will approve your Application if all standards are met. Please make sure all previous steps are completed to ensure timely approval.
- The Office of the Registrar will then be given your Application and place you on the official list for Commencement and the e-mail list for graduation updates.
Download a PDF version of the Application for Graduation below:
Office: Kearns 213 C
Phone: (843) 349-5089
65.5° / 18.6° C