Peer Advising Program
The Wall Center for Excellence at Coastal Carolina University is looking for motivated students to become academic peer advisers. Peer advisers are entering juniors and seniors with a 3.0 minimum GPA who serve as vital student staff members to support and enhance student success in the Wall College of Business.
- Support new and continuing students with Coastal Carolina University advising resources (program evaluation, four-year plans, registration, etc.).
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base and understanding of academic policies, procedures and university resources.
- Act as an informed resource for all students regarding matters related to registration, WebAdvisor, major changes and academic planning.
- Act as a referral source throughout the academic year to support advising services and enhance student access to campus resources.
- Assist students in understanding policies and procedures related to course registration.
- Participate in campus events including group advising, UNIV 110B and CBAD 120 presentations, orientations and other outreach events.
- Create publications and advertisements to market events and outreach services to undergraduate students.
- Assist students in accessing resources available on CCU’s website.
- Give individual and online peer advice on advising resources.
- Attend training sessions.
- Assist with front-desk functions and other duties as needed.
- Assist students in registration procedures.
- Currently enrolled CCU business major
- Sophomore, junior or senior standing
- Have and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains professional conduct
- Available for occasional evening and weekend hours for special events and programming
If you are interested in becoming a peer adviser, you can access the WCOB Peer Advising Program Application by clicking on the highlighted link. Upon completion of the application, attach the document to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Abbey Kruse, assistant director of academic advising for the Wall College of Business.