Vehicle Rental Services
Renting and Returning a Vehicle
A driving record must be on file for anyone driving a CCU motor pool, Hertz or Enterprise rental vehicle. Reservations will not be made without a driving record. It is possible to obtain an official South Carolina driving record through SCDMV Online.
- Complete online Vehicle Request form. You may call Transportation Services at 843-349-2172 to check availability. Please mail or hand-deliver the paperwork to the Transportation Services office. NO FACSIMILE.
- You must pick up and return the vehicle to Transportation Services, 470-A Allied Drive, Conway, SC 29526. The paperwork will be located in the lobby area. There are instructions posted explaining where to sign and which paperwork to take and which to leave.
- All vehicles when picked up should have a full tank of gas; if the vehicle does not, please indicate that in the contract before you leave. Please make sure they are full when you return. If you are renting a motor pool vehicle, be sure to record your beginning and ending mileage. It is not necessary to record mileage on Enterprise vehicles.
- If it is after hours, contact the CCU Department of Public Safety at 843-347-2177 to let you in the office. In addition, you will not be permitted to pick up the vehicle if your name does not appear on the paperwork.
- When returning the vehicle to Transportation Services, place the keys, paperwork, credit card and gas receipts in the envelope provided and place in the Transportation Services drop box at 470-A Allied Drive.
- The time parameters specified by the requesting department on the Vehicle Reservation Request form must be followed since other reservations are made based on this information. Please return vehicles on or before the time stated on the request form. If an extension is necessary, please contact Transportation Services to determine if an extension is possible.
Vans may be scheduled to go out immediately upon return. Therefore, please make sure the van is returned on time, clean and refilled with fuel. An additional charge will be added to the cost of the rental if this is not done.
AFTER HOURS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
Picking up a vehicle
Please contact an officer from the CCU Department of Public Safety to assist in picking up vehicles after hours or on weekends or holidays. You may reach them by calling the switchboard at 843-347-3161. Vehicles are to be picked up and returned to Transportation Services at 470-A Allied Drive.
Returning a vehicle
You may park the vehicle at Transportation Services, 470-A Allied Drive. Place paperwork, keys, fuel card and receipts inside your envelope and leave in the drop box.
Cancellation of vehicles
Enterprise requires a 24-hour working day notice of any cancellations. The department making the request will be charged for a one-day rental if the vehicle is delivered and then canceled.