Career Services empowers students and alumni to explore career and graduate school options, develop professionally, and achieve success in their future endeavors.
- We provide high quality, personal and accessible opportunities for students to proactively engage and take ownership of career decisions.
- We capitalize on strategic partnerships with the campus community and employers in order to provide comprehensive resources, programs, access to internships, employment and graduate school opportunities.
- We market CCU as a source of talent to alumni, employers and graduate schools.
Our mission is accomplished as we empower students to engage in the stages of exploration, development and success.
- Develop a clear career objective that reflects their unique personality, interests and skills based on self-assessment and guidance from experts.
- Be able to articulate their personal career objective and understand what knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to develop in order to obtain their goals.
- Be exposed to a variety of opportunities to learn about different career choices, both online and in-person.
- Be exposed to successful professionals in their chosen career (e.g., alumni, executives, community leaders).
- Have faculty experts in their field available to them for career advice and mentorship.
- Have opportunities to practice their career skills via internships, service learning, and/or other experiential learning activities.
- Receive support online and in-person to assist in development of targeted skills for career success (including interviewing and networking skills).
- Build a resume or professional portfolio.
- Master strategies for identifying and securing career or graduate school opportunities.
- Have access to a robust employer database.
- Benefit from strong relationships with the community, employer and alumni.
- Have opportunities as alumni to engage with students for the purpose of professional development.