Use the TypeFocus Assessment Worksheet to review and understand your assessment results.
- On the opening page enter in all of your information and create a password
- For the Access Code, contact your counselor or FYE instructor.
- Upon entering the site, click on “Self Assessments,” click on the "short preview" link and watch the video.
- You will then be able to take the Personality, Interests and Values assessments (3 different tests).
- After all tests have been completed, click on the “Explore” tab at the top of the page.
- You will be taken to the “Assessment Results” page.
- Look at the results of each assessment test separately and note careers of interest to them in each assessment.
- Pay particular attention to the careers that come up on the "Interest" inventory. Interest should be primary in your consideration of a career. If your personality and values match with a career but not your interest, you will probably not be happy with it. So, make sure that you check the Interest results first and view the Personality and Values as supplemental to the Interests.
- Note that there is a "view more" button at the bottom of the page. Click this to see more occupation that match your profile.
- If you have questions, contact Career Services for an appoinement.
NOTICE TO STUDENTS: TypeFocus is an off-campus vendor and the site you are about to enter is not controlled by Coastal Carolina University. Therefore, please do not use your Coastal Carolina passwords in accessing the Typefocus site.
Click here to begin: