CEaL Program Checklist
1. Have your high school send an official transcript and your SAT/ACT test scores to CCU.
- If you have taken AP courses, you will also need to request that your AP test scores be sent by the College Board.
- If you have taken college-level courses during high school, you will need to contact the college that awarded the credits and have them send an official transcript also.
- Have the College Board send your SAT/ACT test scores to CCU. Your guidance counselor can help you with this.
2. Begin checking CCU's WebAdvisor for financial aid information, course schedule an other important campus information.
Follow the below instructions to set-up your WebAdvisor student portal
STEP 1 – Click the link below to set up your username and password.
STEP 2 - Please write down your username because it will disappear after a few minutes for security.
STEP 3 – Write your security question (any question with a one-word answer) and click submit.
STEP 4 – Enter a password.
STEP 5 - Use your username and password to access WebAdvisor. Here's how:
- Go to http://webadvisor.coastal.edu.
- Click on the LOG IN tab at the top and enter your username and password.
- To check your admission status or financial aid award:
- Select "Applicants" menu.
- Select "Application Status" under "Admission Information" OR
- Select "Financial aid award letter" under "Financial Aid Information."
3. After graduation, have your high school send an official final transcript showing graduation date to CCU.
4. Pay tuition or set up a payment plan.
5. Submit your immunization records.
6. Review and submit all housing information.
- All CEaL students are highly recommended to live on campus during the Fall CEaL program.
- If a CEaL student lives with a parent/guardian within 50 miles, they are not required to live on campus.
- To apply for housing, you must submit the online housing application and the $150 housing application/housing fee prepayment. This application fee is nonrefundable. You will apply for housing through MyCoastalHome.
- For more information about the room selection process, please view this informative video: Housing Selection Process
7. Complete CCU's AlcoholEdu for College/Haven program by following the directions sent to your CCU email account after July 1, 2020.
- Part 1 must be completed by Aug. 18, 2020.
8. Register for New Student Orientation
- All incoming CCU students must complete some form of orientation.
- Click the link for Online Orientation. Online Orientation has been designed specifically for you to get a better understanding of Coastal Carolina University and our services.
- Contact the Office of New Student and Family Programs at (843) 349-2027 with any questions.
9. Upload your CINO Card photo at https://www.coastal.edu/cinocard/photoupload/
- For more information about how to upload your photo, view this video: https://www.coastal.edu/cinocard/photoupload/
10. Install and update the anti-virus on your computer, if you have not already installed one. You can go to CCU Antivirus Protection to download the anti-virus software. You can also refer to the Quick Reference Guide located on the Student Computing Services website.