Policy and Procedures
Outlined below are policy and procedures to ensure your photo is accepted
Photo Submission Guidelines
This page outlines what the CINO Card online photo submission web site will look and feel like once you have logged into and upload your photo. The link at the bottom of the page will take you to the photo upload page.
In order to have your university ID card ready for pick up upon your arrival to campus, you must submit a photo that meets the criteria outline below. The card must provide the best photo possible for official University business. While photo upload is required, you may visit the CINO Card office during normal business hours to have a photo taken.
By submitting a photo for your official CINO Card, you agree the photo may be used by CCU for official business. Please contact CINO Card office if you have questions about this policy at 843-349-4000 or email@example.com.
STEP 1: Take Your Photo
Notice that they are very similar in size and requirements to U.S. Passport photos. In fact, we recommend that you have your photo taken by one of the many retail establishments that offer passport photo services. Many of them are able to provide you a digital copy of the photo which you can then easily upload to our system.
To ensure your photo is accepted, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Current photo of yourself; must be taken within the last 6 months
- Color photo only
- Background must be plain with no patterns, textures, or scenic backgrounds
- Face straight ahead, looking directly into camera; No head tilts
- Center your face and shoulders within photo frame; look directly into the camera
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- No hats, sunglasses or any other article that may obstruct the face or hair. Religious accommodations are made for headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; however, they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- No glare on glasses, red eye, shadows, blurry or previously taken professional photos
- No other visible people or objects
- Not too dark, bright, close or distant; Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately; photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features should be clearly evident in the photo
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo, please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the CINO Card site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2.”
I have reviewed the necessary photo requirements of CINO Card. I understand that if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted, my application may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted. I hereby certify that the information provided is correct and the photo I am uploading is a true image of myself. I understand that this photo may become part of my official record and can be used by Coastal Carolina University for official purposes. By submitting this photo for your student ID you agree this photo may be used by CCU.
STEP 2: Upload Your Photo
- Click on the link to “Browse” for photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “NEXT” button to upload your photo to the system.
- Click “FINISH” to continue.
STEP 3: Finalize
If your photo has been uploaded successfully a confirmation message will display. After you review the photo you will receive notification if your photo has been accepted or rejected and a reason for the rejection.
Click on the link below to start uploading your photo.