Office of the CITO
University Technology Council
Inside ITS Links
The University Technology Council (UTC) is a group of major academic and administrative stakeholders that provides collaborative guidance on technology issues of strategic importance and comprehensive impact to Coastal Carolina University students, faculty and staff, and other constituents. The UTC serves in an advisory capacity to assist the associate vice president for Information Technology and the administration in guiding the vision and alignment of technology innovation, priorities, and policies with the strategic direction of the University. The University Technology Council will:
- Help develop and annually maintain the Technology Strategic Plan;
- Review large-scale or strategic initiative proposals (regardless of funding source) and especially those with campus-wide potential impact;
- Ensure that large information technology initiatives are aligned with the University's mission and strategies;
- Prioritize large proposals for new technology services and/or major enhancements/changes to existing services by anticipating University-wide impacts, dependencies, and available resources;
- Review and recommend information technology policies, procedures, and standards that have a campus-wide impact; and
- Guide Coastal Carolina University in innovation and technological services, creating valuable experiences for students, faculty, and staff.
The UTC meets five times annually; additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.