Tickets are required for the University Commencement and the College Ceremonies inside Brooks Stadium (Due to health and safety guidelines, everyone, including infants and toddlers, must have a ticket.). Guests will have assigned seats, which will be next best available seat basis when the graduate claims their tickets. Graduates will be seated on the field and are required to claim a graduate ticket regardless if they plan to have guests in attendance. Due to health and safety guidelines, seating inside the stadium will consist of pods of four seats with each pod physically distanced 6-feet apart. Therefore, tickets are non-transferable and rush/additional tickets will not be available.
Eligible graduates may claim four (4) guest tickets in addition to their (1) graduate ticket. These tickets are to be used to gain admittance to both the 8:30 a.m. University Ceremony and the 6 p.m. College Ceremony. Tickets will be available to claim under your CINO ID number by visiting tickets.coastal.edu and selecting “Commencement Tickets.” Tickets will be available starting at 9 a.m. ET on Tuesday, April 13. Access to the tickets will continue until 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 4.
Instructions for Claiming Tickets
View the step-by-step guide on How to Claim Commencement Tickets
Begin by visiting the following link: tickets.coastal.edu
Eligible graduates should receive an email to their CCU email from Coastal Arts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject: Spring 2021 Commencement Tickets, before April 13. If you do not have an email by April 13, check your junk/spam folder(s). Tickets will be available beginning Tuesday, April. 13, at 9 a.m. ET.
1. To activate your account, click “Register Your Student Account” and input your CINO ID number.
2. When prompted, update your account information and create a password. Your account is now active. You are only able to activate and register your account once. *If you are prompted to enter a PIN, please call the Wheelwright Box Office at (843) 349-2787 for assistance.
3. To log in after you have initially registered, you will be able to login to your account using your CCU email or CINO ID number and the password you created under the “Already Registered” tab. If you have forgotten your password, click “Forgot Password?”
4. Log in to your account. Click “Find Tickets” next to the event, Spring 2021 Commencement.
5. As a graduate, you must claim 1 graduate ticket for yourself. If you have guests attending, you may only select 4 tickets. If no guests are attending, leave as ‘0’.
6. Select “Continue”
7. “Print at home” will be the automatically selected delivery method. Your tickets will be sent directly to your CCU email shortly after claiming your tickets. Click “Add Package.”
8. Your account information will be displayed. Check to ensure your email address is correct. Click “Place Your Order.”
9. You will receive two emails. The first email is your confirmation of ticket(s) claimed. The second email will have links to the downloadable tickets as PDF’s.
10. Print each ticket and distribute them to your guests before the ceremonies. (Please be advised: each ticket has a separate barcode number. Please make sure you print all the available tickets individually.)
Please Note - On Thursday, May 6, graduates will be sent an email to their CCU account containing their assigned seat on the field for their 6 p.m. College Ceremony. Please print that email and bring it with you to prepare for your College Ceremony. Graduates will not have assigned seats for the University Commencement but will be seated with their college.
Tickets are non-transferable, and rush/additional tickets will not be available.
For any additional help, information, or to request ADA seating, please contact the Wheelwright Box Office at 843-349-2787.
Please be advised: Electronic tickets are generated with a unique identifier that is traceable back to the student who requested them. Because of this feature, they can be printed multiple times. Only the first set of allocated tickets scanned by the ticketing staff will gain entrance. Duplicate tickets with the same barcode will be denied entrance after the first set of tickets have been scanned. Any attempt to sell or make mass copies of electronic tickets will be considered a misuse of Coastal Carolina University property.