Linda P. Kuykendall Endowed Scholarship
In 2018, the Linda P. Kuykendall Scholarship was named for esteemed Edwards College faculty member Linda Kuykendall. Kuykendall co-created the Communication undergraduate program with Dr. Lee Bollinger from the Department of English at Coastal Carolina University. With the success of that program, they and Dr. Deborah Breede later created the Department of Communication. Before and since, Kuykendall has been an irreplaceable source of support for her students, colleagues, and community. That is why we are proud to have the annual Linda Kuykendall Communication Endowed Scholarship available to any undergraduate student majoring in Communication who meets the following criteria. Kuykendall is a passionate advocate for her students, past, present, and future, so the Department of Communication, Media, & Culture is proud to encourage you to apply!
Submissions for Academic Year 2022-2023 are open now and close on May 1, 2023.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at CCU;
- Majoring in Communication (undergraduate only);
- New freshman students must have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA;
- Continuing students must have a minimum 3.0 CCU GPA;
- Maintain full-time status and demonstrate satisfactory degree progress; and
- Complete and submit both the application: Linda P. Kuykendall Endowed Scholarship Application and a two (2) minute video to CommScholar@coastal.edu and to LindaK@coastal.edu.
In-person or virtual interview of finalists may follow.