Students majoring in computer science, information systems or information technology are required to have a laptop/notebook computer.
To ensure that students enrolled in the computer science, information systems and information technology programs acquire a notebook computer that will meet their needs while attending CCU, the Department of Computing Sciences makes these minimal recommendations:
- For computer science and information systems majors, either a PC or MacBook is acceptable.
- For information technology majors, a PC running Windows or Linux is preferable.
Please note that tablets/netbooks are NOT acceptable, due to limited screen size and computing power.
Software download links and other information available at Student Computing Services »
Minimum PC Configuration
- Microsoft Windows 7® Home Premium or newer, or Linux
- Intel Core i3 (or better) class processor
- 8GB System Memory
- 500GB hard drive
- Ethernet adapter (integrated or USB)
- Integrated 802.11ac/n wireless networking card
- Integrated or USB video camera
- Microsoft® Office (Get for FREE through ITS/SCS)
- Virus Protection Software (Get for FREE through ITS/SCS)