The COAST Outreach Services
The Teresa Reed-Barnette '97
Counseling Outreach Office
Counseling Services staff members and peer educators partner with other University departments to create a healthy living environment on campus and teach students to practice healthy habits. The Counseling Outreach Office is located in the Lib Jackson Student Union, Room A108.
C.O.A.S.T stands for Counseling Outreach Advocacy Student Team. Visit the COAST or contact Assistant Director for Counseling Services, Chris Donevant-Haines, at 843-349-5022 or email@example.com to learn more or get involved.
The COAST provides:
- Informational handouts and brochures for students on a wide variety of mental health and other wellness-related topics
- Internship opportunities for students who are interested in the helping professions; public speaking and event planning: (psychology, health sciences, sociology, women’s & gender studies & communication)
- Opportunities to get involved with the SHORE Peer Educators and Active Minds
- Opportunities to get involved with the Women’s Research Cooperative (WRC)
- Opportunities for collaboration with student clubs and organizations, campus departments and faculty/staff
- Free condoms for students