Live Another Day
If you have just attempted suicide or if you are assisting someone who just attempted suicide, call 911, or on campus call 843-349-2911 for immediate assistance.
If you are seriously considering suicide and you need to speak with a counselor immediately, call Counseling Services (843-349-2305) during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.) or after hours call the Department of Public Safety (843-349-2177) and ask to speak with the "Counselor On Call."
If you would like to learn more about suicide and how to prevent it, please explore "Live Another Day" below.
"Live Another Day" is a suicide prevention campaign to prevent suicide among Coastal Carolina University students. If you know someone who has considered suicide, you may find the following information helpful:
- Live Another Day Brochure (pdf)
- Live Another Day Presentation (ppt)
- Live Another Day Drawing Journal (pdf)
- Suicide Questions and Answers
- Video on Talking to Someone Who May Be Suicidal by Jennie Cassidy (run time 8:48)
- Out of the Darkness Walk (run time 2:48)