Therapist Assisted Online
Therapist Assisted Online (TAO) is an interactive, dynamic, easy-to-access online program that provides support for anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
As TAO participants, students watch short videos and complete skill-building exercises.
TAO is tailored to fit each student's schedule and needs:
- The exercises can be completed through a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- The online TAO programs are accessible 24/7.
- Students can meet with a counselor via video in their residence or other, private location to get assistance in using the program.
Students can use TAO in three different ways:
- Self-Help Program: Students can access the program with their CCU email address and utilize any of the modules completely on their own. Click here to access TAO.
- TAO Self-Help and Follow-up Program: In this program, students are assigned specific modules by a therapist to complete on their own over 4-10 weeks. They then participate in a follow-up session with the therapist to evaluate progress and further needs. This program can be accessed through meeting with a therapist in a First Contact Session during the Walk-In Clinic.
- TAO Therapist Assisted Program: In this program, students are assigned specific modules by a therapist and participate in brief (10-15) minute check-in sessions with the therapist on a weekly or biweekly basis. Before each session with the therapist, students complete an assessment of their progress. The therapist tracks progress and guides students in the use of the modules. Sessions can be completed in-person, by phone, or through secure video conferencing. This program can be accessed through meeting with a therapist in a First Contact Session during the Walk-In Clinic.