Communicating a positive COVID-19 test or a COVID-19 close contact exposure to the university.
- Student Has Already Been Tested On Campus
If a student has provided a letter to a faculty or staff from CCU Health Services reguarding their need to quarantine or isolate, no further action needs to be taken to notify the University. Student Health will continue to monitor their symptoms, and as much as they are able to do so, the student should participate in class virtually throughout isolation/quarantine.
- Student Who Has Already Been Tested Off Campus
If a student has already been tested off campus, that student should notify Student Health Services of their positive test results (and/or exposure to a close contact) as soon as possible via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SHS staff will then follow up with that student to gather appropriate contact tracing information and to provide additional direction regarding isolation and quarantine to ensure campus safety.
- Student Who Needs to be Tested
Student Health Services (SHS) is the University’s clearinghouse for student COVID-19 case management.
- Any student who believes they may have COVID-19 should contact SHS by calling 843-349-6543 to arrange to get tested.
- Due to high call volume, you may need to leave a message, and a SHS staff member will call you back as soon as possible.
- After-hour calls should follow the automated prompts to talk to a 24-hour nursing service if you feel you need additional immediate medical advice
- Students should immediately take steps to isolate themselves until they are tested.
- Students living in University Housing can contact their RA 24/7. Please find the RA on-call number for your community at this link: https://www.coastal.edu/housing/universityhousingdirectory/.
- Resident students should contact their RA immediately if they need to be isolated or quarantined.
- Faculty/Staff who have Concerns a Student May Be COVID-19 Positive
Any faculty or staff member who has information that a student (including student workers) may be COVID-19 positive, should send a brief e-mail from your CCU e-mail account to email@example.com.
- Include the name of that student, their ID number (if known), and a brief summary of the information you know regarding this student’s potential positive status.
- Student Health Services staff will then follow up with that student to gather appropriate contact tracing information and to provide additional direction regarding isolation and quarantine to ensure campus safety.
- The faculty or staff member should also instruct that student to contact SHS by calling 843-349-6543 to arrange to get tested, if the student has not done so already.
- Faculty/Staff Testing and Reporting
Human Resources is the University’s clearinghouse for employee COVID-19 data. Human Resources will work with Student Health Services to provide appropriate contract tracing if the faculty or staff member has been on campus this semester.
- Any information regarding faculty or staff exposure or positive test should be communicated per HREO instructions.
- Faculty and staff who need a COVID-19 test are encouraged to contact their primary healthcare provider or another local provider.In the event an employee is unable to get tested by their provider, Student Health Services may be utilized by calling 843-349-6543 to arrange to get tested and immediately begin isolation. Due to high call volume, you may need to leave a message, and a SHS staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. Please be aware if you are subscriber to a state health plan and utilize SHS, you may incur fees for tests and services that are not covered under the plan, as SHS is not a contracted provider with BlueCross BlueShield.
- Please be aware that student testing will take priority over faculty and staff appointments in Student Health Services.
- Employees can find additional testing locations by visiting DHECs COVID-19 Testing Locations webpage.
- Employees should contact Human Resources at 843‐349‐6496 with any questions.