Accreditation and Assessment
The South Carolina Department of Education approves all programs in the Spadoni College of Education. The initial licensure programs (Art Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, English/Language Arts Education, General Science Education, Middle-Level Education, Music Education, Physical Education, Secondary Mathematics Education, Social Studies Education, Special Education) and the advanced licensure programs (M.Ed. and Ed.S. in Educational Leadership) are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
Accreditation and Assessment are important processes within the Spadoni College of Education, allowing opportunities for growth and reflection as it relates to program practices and preparing teacher education candidates to enter the classroom. The Spadoni College of Education uses assessment practices to analyze both candidate performance and evaluate how to improve our own teaching methodologies.
Specialized Professional Associations (SPAs)
The Spadoni College of Education’s programs has earned recognition from their SPAs. Such recognition identifies that the candidates are taught and expected to apply content, assessment, and pedagogical knowledge appropriate to their grade level or subject matter specialization. The program SPAs are as follows:
- Early Childhood - National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Educational Leadership - National Policy Board for Educational Administration (NPBEA)
- Elementary - Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
- MAT English - National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- MAT Math -National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- MAT Science - National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- MAT Social Studies - National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- Middle Level - Association for Middle-Level Education (AMLE)
- Physical Education - SHAPE America-Physical Education (formerly NASPE)
- Special Education - Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)