Ed.S. Instructional Technology (online)
The Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) in Instructional Technology is a 30 credit 100 percent online program designed for teachers and other professionals who have already earned a master's degree (in any discipline) and are interested in extending their abilities to design, develop, implement, evaluate and manage technology to improve teaching and learning in schools, businesses, government, healthcare, military and other industries. Candidates who complete this curriculum will be well prepared for future graduate study at the doctoral level. Teaching certification is not required for admission. Certified teachers employed full-time in S.C. public schools are eligible for discounted tuition rates and may qualify for M+30 pay after degree conferral. Contact the Office of Graduate Studies (843-349-2394) for details.
- A completed application for graduate study and payment of the application fee to the University.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework from previously attended schools.
- An earned Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- At least 6 credit hours of graduate coursework in Instructional Technology or related field completed within the past six years.*
- Two letters of recommendation one of which should be from a supervisor in a professional education or training unit.
- Submission of a written statement of educational and career goals explaining how the Ed.S. Instructional Technology degree will be leveraged to achieve those goals.
*Applicants who do not meet criteria #4 may be provisionally admitted but must complete two masters-level Instructional courses, one of which must be EDIT 604, before enrolling in the Ed.S. coursework.
- Application Deadlines
The Office of Graduate Studies cannot guarantee that late applications will be considered for the intended semester. Applications must be postmarked by the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester - July 1
- Spring Semester - November 1
- Summer I Session - May 1
PROGRAM COURSEWORK (30 credits)
- EDIT 700: Principles of Instructional Design (3)
- EDIT 704: Technology in Curricula (3)
- EDIT 710: Instructional Technology Tools (3)
- EDIT 720: Psychology of Instructional Technology (3)
- EDIT 740: Product Design and Development I (3)
- EDIT 744: Graphic Design for Instruction (3)
- EDIT 750: Product Design and Development II (3)
- EDIT 760: Instructional Technology Leadership (3)
- EDIT 770: Field Experiences in Instructional Technology (3)
- EDIT 780: Seminar in Instructional Technology (3)
Jeremy Dickerson, Ed.D.
Professor of Instructional Technology
Spadoni College of Education
Coastal Carolina University
Prince Building 205B
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054