The Spadoni College of Education offers an Educator-in-Residence program in Georgetown, South Carolina. The Georgetown property, located on Front Street, has been remodeled into apartment units on the upper floor and three classrooms on the first floor. Master of Arts in Teaching Educator-in-Residence candidates live in Georgetown and participate in a year-long residency in the Georgetown School District.
- The year-long residence program will allow for comprehensive classroom teaching experiences in the Georgetown School District that will culminate in the spring internship.
- Living in Georgetown will allow for after school participation in curricular and extracurricular activities, including clubs, athletic events, theater, department meetings, and school meetings.
- The Educator-in-Residence program will provide extensive experience and be an excellent experiential addition for student resumes for employment in any school district.
- Educator-in-Residence participants will also receive employment with a graduate assistantship in their fall and spring semesters.
- Priority Deadline: April 1
- Final Deadline: May 1
Applicants to the M.A.T. program wanting to participate in the Educator-in-Residence program must also apply for the residency. You can apply to the program by clicking here.
The Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) program is an avenue to initial certification.
Areas of Study
- Music Education (PK-12)
- Secondary Social Studies (9-12)
- Secondary English (9-12)
- Secondary Math (9-12)
- Secondary Science (9-12)
Graduate Program Manager
Prince Building Room 212