Students with High Financial Need
A popular myth surrounding education abroad is that students with high financial need cannot afford it; however, every year, CCU students work closely with our staff to fund an international experience without breaking the bank.
The Education Abroad team encourages all students to consider building study abroad into their degree plan at Coastal Carolina University. We welcome students of all socioeconomic statuses who meet CCU Education Abroad eligibility requirements to participate in our programs. Many students mistakenly believe that education abroad is financially out of reach. The key is to plan early and, as you plan, consider how you will balance your goals for studying or interning abroad with the realities of your financial situation.
To assist with what may be a challenging transition from your life in the U.S., CCU is committed to do the following:
- Invite all eligible education abroad students to apply for the CCU Education Abroad Scholarships.
- Share resources and information about external scholarships and how to afford an education abroad experience.
- Work closely with the Financial Aid and Scholarships regarding the application of financial aid to education abroad as well as opportunities for students to obtain loan and grant money.
- Include discussion in advising appointments and pre-departure orientation about financial need and budgeting carefully for an education abroad experience.
- Assist students in understanding program costs and fees, currency and foreign exchange rates, and cost of living differences between the host country and the U.S.
- Partner with institutions that are also committed to providing support to students with high financial need by offering transparency with regard to program costs, low application fees, and opportunities to set up payment plans.
More useful resources will be posted to this webpage soon. Until then, please feel welcome to contact us at email@example.com.