Business Studies in Europe
Follow us on Instagram! @chantsabroad
- Locations: Paris, France; Zurich, Switzerland; Munich, Germany; Vienna, Austria
- U.S. State Department Travel Information for:
- U.S. State Department COVID-19 Information for:
- Program Dates: May 9 - June 4, 2022
- Travel Dates: May 14 - May 30, 2022
- Cost: $4,108 plus tuition, tech fee, and estimated out-of-pocket expenses
- Online Application
This short-term, faculty-led program offers students the opportunity to experience cultural diversity through four countries in Europe. Students will explore cities rich in history while taking part in their program(s) of study. Cultural excursions, business site visits, and/or lectures from partner university instructors in Paris, Zurich, Munich, and Vienna will offer students opportunities to practice leadership skills such as time management, emotional intelligence, personal values & ethics basis, critical thinking/problem solving, self-control, and oral communication skills in culturally diverse settings. Course instruction will take place before, during, and after the travel abroad via face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction.
CBAD 290 - Business Communications
Course Instructor: Cari Borisuk
Credits Offered: 3
Course Prerequisites: None
This course examines methods of business communication with key stakeholders and provides practical applications for written, oral, and interpersonal communications with an emphasis on cross-cultural differences in Europe (France, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria).
CBAD 301 Q - Management and Organizations
Course Instructor: Jacob A. Voegel
Credits Offered: 3
Course Prerequisite: None
This course is a survey of the basic principles of management with emphasis on social and behavioral issues. The course provides the basis for thinking about and taking action in complex business situations in the framework of the management process. These concepts will be examined in accordance to the cross-cultural differences of France, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria.
Cari Borisuk, Lecturer, Management and Decision Sciences
Cari is a lecturer of Management and Decision Sciences in the Wall College of Buisiness. She completd MBA at The University of Georgia. Mrs. Borisuk specializes in General Management and teaches courses in the Introduction to Global Business, Integrated Business Communications, and Management and Organizations. She gained travel abroad experience by going as a mentee on the Business Culture in Spain program. Mrs. Borisuk has also traveled to Chile, Argentina, much of ltaly, Cuba and Costa Rica, among other countries.
Jacob Voegel, Assistant Professor, Management and Decision Sciences
Dr. Voegel is an assistant professor of Management and Decision Sciences in the Wall College of Business. He earned his Ph.D. from Southern Illinois University and specialized in entrepreneurship and ethics. Dr. Voegel believes traveling is invaluable: "Experiencing cultures around the world is eye-opening and leads to a greater appreciation of our diversities". As a faculty member, Dr. Voegel has participated in a study abroad to Europe. He spent a summer in China pursuing an international business degree. His other travels include Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic.
The tuition for this program is for Maymester term.
Included in Program Fee: Roundtrip airfare from Myrtle Beach to France, then Austria to Myrtle Beach; transportation in program between countries; accommodations while in country; most meals; local transportation; planned excursions; and emergency medical insurance.
Not Included in Program Fee:
- Estimated out-of-pocket expenses not covered by program fee: $408 for meals, $200 for COVID-19 testing (as applicable for entry/reentry and travel between countries)
|Discounted Tuition for Education Abroad Students: $416/credit|
|CCU credits||Program Fee||Tuition||Technology Fee
|Payment||Due Date||Amount Due|
|Deposit||Oct. 27, 2021||$300 (refundable until commitment deadline Dec. 4, 2021)|
|Program Fee Payment||Feb. 11, 2022||$3808|
|Tuition and Technology Fee Payment||May 7, 2022||Varies (see above)|
Deposits can be made in person at Student Accounts or by phone. After acceptance to the program, the payment of the program fee as well as payment of tuition can be made online through WebAdvisor or in-person/by phone through Student Accounts. Tuition charges are distinct and different from program fee charges. Please note that payments made with a debit or credit card will be charged a non-refundable service fee of 2.7 percent. For more information about methods of payment, visit Student Accounts.
Current Travel Conditions:
- CIA World Factbook for France, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- U.S. State Department Travel Information for France, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- U.S. State Department COVID-19 Information for France, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- CDC Health Information for Travelers to France, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
CCU Travel Resources:
- Know Your Travel Risk
- US Embassy Updates – COVID-Related Restrictions on Returning to the USA
- US Embassies – Country Specific COVID-Regulations for Entry and Stay by Country
- S. Department of State(DOS)
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (state.gov)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC)
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Traveler’s Checklist (US Department of State)
- FBI Safety and Security for US Students Traveling Abroad
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Reopen EU