Academic Credits from Abroad
Now that you have returned from your study abroad experience, if your program involved transfer credit your transcript should be sent to the Center for Global Engagement. Credit will be transferred based on how it was pre-approved. Check with your college and departmental advisor for more information on ensuring your credit filters into your program evaluation correctly.
Fall Education Abroad Returnee Ice Cream Social
Meet fellow study abroad returnees as well as international students. Please RSVP here.
Lib Jackson Student Union A201
August 31, 2022, 5:30 PM
Annual Photo Contest
Every fall the Center for Global Engagement hosts a photo contest. Please find details of the Fall 2022 contest here.
Meet International Students
The Center for Global Engagement has multiple ways for you to get involved with international students on campus. These are the top 3:
Resources for Re-Entry
Here are some great resources we have found to help you process your experience abroad and cope with re-entry:
- The Benefits of Study Abroad by Dwyer and Peters
- Coming Home by Citron and Mendelson
- Coming Home After Volunteering Overseas by Collins, DeZerega and Heckscher
- The Art of Coming Home by Craig Storti
- Maximizing Study Abroad – Strategies for Language and Culture Learning and Use
- L’Auberge Espagnole is a movie about a French student studying abroad for a year in Spain. The film shows us a range of his experiences — preparing to study abroad, the joys and challenges of adjusting to a new culture, and his conflicted feelings about returning home.
- Welcome to Sweden is a tv series about a New York City accountant who moves to Sweden after getting married.
- Emily in Paris is a tv series about a young American woman who is sent to work in a marketing firm in Paris to provide an American business perspective.
- Visit the "What's up with Culture" website
- Check out Transitions Abroad Magazine
- Attend the Lessons From Abroad Conference
- Look for upcoming Study Abroad, UC San Diego events and info on our Facebook page