Volunteer Water Monitoring Program
The Waccamaw Watershed Academy's Volunteer Water Quality Monitoring Program adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of our water quality monitoring. Our SOPs are frequently reviewed and updated to reflect changes in manufacturer recommendations and water monitoring best practices.
The Volunteer Water Quality Monitoring SOPs for Sampling, Analysis, Master Samplers, and Data Management are linked below. Additionally, there are links to the manufacturer manuals for our current field meters.
pH, Conductivity and Dissolved Oxygen
- All Parameters Field Check and Measurement (VM SOP 404_R1)
- pH Calibration Check and Field Measurement (VM SOP 403_R1)
- Conductivity Calibration Check and Field Measurement (VM SOP 401_R1)
- Dissolved Oxygen Calibration Check and Field Measurement (VM SOP 402_R1)
- Nitrite, Nitrate and Ammonia Field Measurements (VM SOP 410_R3)
- Hach 2100P Turbidity Meter Calibration Check and Sample Measurement (VM SOP 408_R1)
- Hach 2100Q Turbidity Meter Calibration Check and Sample Measurement (VM SOP 409_R1)
E. coli Sampling
- E. coli and Total Coliform Analysis Using Coliscan(R) Easygel(R) PLUS Media (VM SOP 501_R3)
- Master Sampler Conductivity Calibration (VM SOP 405_R1)
- Master Sampler Dissolved Oxygen Calibration (VM SOP 406_R1)
- Master Sampler pH Calibration (VM SOP 407_R2)
- Data Portal Instructions (VM SOP 107_R1 )
Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP)
WWA is working on creating a QAPP based on the above SOPs.