HCHEC Leadership Scholarship
Application Required - Deadline is March 15
This scholarship is awarded annually to Horry County high school seniors who plan to attend Coastal Carolina University and who have outstanding records in the areas of leadership, volunteer service and academics.
Leadership Scholarship Requirements:
- Achieve a minimum 2.5 high school GPA through the junior year;
- Be an Horry County resident and high school senior (the Horry County high school must be accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools);
- Be admitted to Coastal Carolina University;
- Complete and submit the scholarship application to Coastal Carolina University by published deadline;
- Attach a brief essay (typed) describing an experience in leadership and service and how they impacted your life;
- Provide documentation of at least 100 hours of community service within the past 24-month period (only activities in which the student has participated a minimum of 10 hours should be included); and
- Be recommended by the high school principal, teacher or coach and a community service contact.
Award Amount: $2,500 annually for up to four years or eight semesters (renewal criteria must be met annually). Recipients must be enrolled full-time at Coastal Carolina University.
- Be enrolled fulltime;
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits annually (includes summer terms if needed); and
- Maintain a cumulative CCU GPA of 2.5.
Beginning each January, applications will be available to all accepted CCU students via WebAdvisor. After logging into WebAdvisor, click on the link ‘Apply for Application-based Scholarships’ to apply. Applications will be reviewed by the HCHEC Scholarship Committee. The number of new awards may vary annually.
Checklist (Failure to complete all requirements will result in disqualification of the applicant)
|Recommendation form and letter from Principal, Teacher or Coach|
|Community service record|
|Recommendation form and letter from Community Service Contact|
The 2018-2019 application will be available January 15. You can view the 2018-2019 application by clicking: 2018-19 HCHEC Leadership Application
Completed application must be returned VIA EMAIL by March 15, 2018, to ABS@COASTAL.EDU