HCHEC Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship
Application Required - Deadline is March 15
This scholarship is awarded annually to talented Horry County high school seniors planning to major in art studio, graphic design, music, musical theatre, theatre arts or dramatic arts at Coastal Carolina University.
Visual & Performing Arts Scholarship Requirements
- Achieve a minimum 2.5 high school GPA through the junior year;
- Be an Horry County resident and high school senior (the Horry County high school must be accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools);
- Be admitted to Coastal Carolina University;
- Complete and submit the scholarship application to Coastal Carolina University by published deadline;
- Audition or present a portfolio presentation to a committee composed of the Visual and Performing Arts department chairs and appointed faculty representatives; and
- Be recommended by the high school principal, teacher or appointed school official.
Award Amount: $2,500 annually for up to four years or eight semesters (renewal criteria must be met annually). Recipients must be enrolled full-time at Coastal Carolina University.
- Be enrolled fulltime;
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits annually (includes summer terms if needed); and
- Maintain a cumulative CCU GPA of 2.5.
You can view the application by clicking: HCHEC Visual and Performing Arts Application
Beginning each January, applications will be available to all accepted CCU students via WebAdvisor. After logging into WebAdvisor, click on the link "Apply for Application-based Scholarships" to apply. Applications will be reviewed by the HCHEC Scholarship Committee. The number of new awards may vary annually.