HCHEC Hardship/Adversity Scholarship
Application Required - Deadline is March 15
This scholarship is awarded annually to Horry County high school seniors who plan to attend Coastal Carolina University who have persevered through hardship and/or adversity.
Hardship/Adversity Scholarship Requirements
- Achieve a minimum 2.5 high school GPA through the junior year;
- Be an Horry County resident and high school senior (the Horry County high school must be accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools);
- Be admitted to Coastal Carolina University;
- Complete and submit the scholarship application to Coastal Carolina University by published date;
- Provide documentation of being employed during the school year and provide a letter of recommendation from your employer;
- Attach a brief essay (typed) describing a hardship and/or adversity you have endured and how that has impacted your life; and
- Be recommended by the high school principal or appointed school official.
Award Amount: $2,500 annually for up to four years or eight semesters (renewal criteria must be met annually) and a computer. Recipients must be enrolled full-time at Coastal Carolina University.
- Be enrolled fulltime;
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits annually (includes summer terms if needed); and
- Maintain a cumulative CCU GPA of 2.5.
Beginning each January, applications will be available to all accepted CCU students via WebAdvisor. After logging into WebAdvisor, click on the link "Apply for Application-based Scholarships" to apply. Applications will be reviewed by the HCHEC Scholarship Committee. The number of new awards may vary annually.
The 2018-2019 application will be available January 15. You can view the 2018-2019 application by clicking: 2018-19 HCHEC Hardship Adversity Application
Completed application must be returned VIA EMAIL by March 15, 2018, to ABS@COASTAL.EDU