HCHEC Application-based Scholarship for Graduate Students
Application Required - Deadline is March 15
This scholarship is awarded annually to Horry County high school graduates who plan to attend Coastal Carolina University as graduate students.
- Be an Horry County resident and have graduated from a Horry County high school accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools);
- Be admitted to a graduate degree program at Coastal Carolina University;
- Complete and submit the scholarship application to Coastal Carolina University by published deadline;
- Upload an essay (typed) or a video URL link describing the student’s career goals and anticipated broader impacts of their CCU graduate education. Essays should be no more than 500 words. Videos should be limited to 2-3 minutes.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from a professor/instructor, academic advisor, or employer.
Award Amount: $2,500 annually for up to two years or four semesters (renewal criteria must be met annually). Recipients must be enrolled full-time at Coastal Carolina University (9 credits per major semester for graduate students) or be approved by the University for full-time equivalent status
- Be enrolled full-time or approved for full-time equivalent status; and
- Maintain a cumulative CCU GPA of 3.0.
Beginning each January, applications will be available to all accepted CCU students via WebAdvisor. After logging into WebAdvisor, click on the link ‘Apply for Application-based Scholarships’ to apply. Applications will be reviewed by the HCHEC Scholarship Committee. The number of new awards may vary annually.
Checklist (Failure to complete all requirements will result in disqualification of the applicant)
|Electronic application submitted|
|Uploaded recommendation letter|
|Uploaded student essay or video submission URL link|