**THIS APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE VIA WEBADVISOR BETWEEN OCTOBER 16, 2017 AND DECEMBER 15, 2017**
Grand Strand Surfrider Foundation Volunteer Scholarship
for new and continuing students
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted as an undergraduate student at CCU;
- Entering freshmen students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school GPA;
- Entering transfer students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative collegiate GPA;
- Current CCU students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative CCU GPA;
- Maintain full-time status and demonstrate satisfactory degree progress; and
- Submit additional requirements described below.
Preference will be given to individuals who have, or currently are, a volunteer (30 hours or more per year) for the Surfrider Foundation, either locally or in their home state.
- Submit a brief essay on the importance of being a steward for the environment.
- If you meet the preference of having volunteer experience with the Surfrider Foundation briefly describe and provide evidence of your involvement.
Failure to submit additional requirements will constitute an incomplete application and will not be considered.