**THIS APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE VIA WEBADVISOR BETWEEN JANUARY 15 AND MARCH 16 (at 5pm)**
Women in Philanthropy and Leadership (WIPL) for Coastal Carolina University Annual Scholarships
for continuing students
WIPL scholarships are provided through the combined financial resources of members and other donors in support of Coastal Carolina University and its students. It is their desire to make a difference. It is their hope that by providing financial assistance toward the successful completion of your degree program, you will, in turn, work to better serve your community, state, and the world.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at CCU;
- Have completed a minimum of 15 credit hours at the time of application and have completed 24 credit hours at the time of award;
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative CCU GPA;
- Demonstrate financial need* as defined by Financial Aid & Scholarships;
- Be enrolled at least part-time (at least 15 hours annually);
- Demonstrate satisfactory degree progress; and
- Submit additional requirements described below.
Additional consideration will be given to students from South Carolina.
The value of Women in Philanthropy and Leadership Annual Scholarships is $1,000 to be divided equally between the fall and spring semesters.
* FAFSA must be completed by the scholarship application deadline in order to determine financial need
Submit a typed essay answering the following (one page maximum):
- What do you see as the greatest critical issue facing women today?
- Describe an historical or contemporary female leader who has forged pathway of change for that issue.
- Analyze how the values of the leader you have identified have inspired or will inspire you to give back to your community?
- Explain how this scholarship will enhance your academic progress and success?
Failure to submit additional requirements will constitute an incomplete application and will not be considered.