The Perkins loan program is no longer available as of September 30, 2017.
- This loan provided assistance to undergraduate students.
- FAFSA required for federal loans.
- Coastal Carolina University acts as the lender.
- Low 5% interest rate, no origination or guarantee fees.
- Half-time enrollment required (at least 6 credit hours)
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress according to Financial Aid Academic Progress Standards
- Undergraduate Academic Progress Standards
- Graduate Academic Progress Standards
- Interest paid by the government while in-school, and during the 9 month grace period.
- Repayment period of 10 years.
- Cumulative lifetime limits: $27,500 for undergraduate, $60,000 for graduate students (including undergraduate loans).
- Perkins Loans are awarded to eligible students through Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Master Promissory Notes, Perkins Indebtedness Statements and Perkins Loan Counseling are handled through the Office of Student Acounts