Welcome to the FLIC Career Resource page
Here you will find helpful online resources related to careers in foreign languages. We encourage you to explore some of the many helpful resources available to you.
- Bilingual Career Recruitment Service
- Career Builder
- CIA: Central Intelligence Agency
- The Chronicle of Higher Education - Browse Jobs by Position Type.
- Department of State-Careers Representing America
- The Defense Language Institute - Language Training at the Defense Language Institute
- NOBLE: Network of Business Language Educators
- Federal Govt. Jobs
- Federal Job Network
- Job Announcements
- National Security Agency - WHERE INTELLIGENCE GOES TO WORK!
- Find overseas Jobs and Employment - Begin your overseas jobsearch today!
- Teaching Abroad
- Top Language Jobs
- United Nations
- USAID: US Agency for International Development
- US Department of Defense Education Activity (dodea) Teach with DoDDS
- U.S. Department of State - Diplomacy in Action
- US Office of Personnel Management
Employment in the Foreign Language Instructional Center
Now Hiring for Fall 2018
Spanish Intermediate Level
Student Language Specialists (Tutor Level III)
French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages
Job Description: Provide one-on-one tutorial services to Coastal Carolina University students in one or more foreign language. Responsible for one-on one- tutoring sessions, holding workshops, attending staff meetings, and assisting FLIC coordinator in completing daily, weekly, and monthly duties as necessary. Participation in FLIC coordinated events; some weekends and evenings.
Requirements and Qualifications: CCU student in good academic standing. Demonstrated proficiency of the English language. Student must take the foreign language placement exam in the appropriate language(s) and receive a rating of 200 or higher (native speakers not exempt). Pursuit of a foreign language major/minor is preferred but not required. Preference will be given to students who have completed a 200 level language course with a grade of B+ or better. Fluency or near native fluency in French, German, Italian, Russian or Spanish desired. Positions based upon scheduling needs and availability. One or two letters of recommendation from previous employer, supervisor and/or faculty member who is familiar with your work. Preference will be given to juniors and/or seniors and to students with knowledge of two or more foreign languages.
To apply, contact
Kearns Hall 204A