Faculty-Led Short-term Study Abroad Programs
- Faculty Peer Mentoring Program for Study Abroad - This program was established to support the development of experienced program leaders who can lead exceptional study abroad programs of great value to CCU's students. The program is designed to benefit Coastal Carolina University faculty members who have an interest in developing and leading an international travel study program abroad, but who lack experience in-country in the particular host country/countries they would like to lead programs and/or they lack experience in leading student travel groups abroad with Coastal Carolina University. Applications and information are available on the CCU Forms page, with a deadline for application of Dec. 2, 2016.
- Faculty Study Abroad Program Guide- This guide provides background and step-by-step guidelines for faculty interested in developing and leading study abroad programs and will now be housed on the CCU FORMS page.
- Short-term Study Abroad Program Support - The Office of International Programs and Services coordinates the review of new and ongoing programs in cooperation with the International Programs Committee of Faculty Senate and handles advertising, centralized online application process, and (for some programs) budget management for study abroad programs, making the faculty member's job a little easier and providing university-wide promotional programming each fall for all short-term study abroad programs. Please reach out to Darcy Coughlan with questions about this process (email@example.com).
- Short-term Study Abroad Program Development Cycle - Each year the Office of International Programs and the International Programs Committee of Faculty Senate welcome new applications and ongoing programs for providing short-term study abroad programs for CCU students. Additional meeting times and workshops are organized to help faculty in their development of these programs, as well as ongoing coaching. These sessions are offered through CeTEAL beginning in October so please check that schedule for the next training session.
Key deadlines for short-term faculty-led programs:
CeTEAL Writing Circle for Study Abroad Development (register online).
January 13, 2017
Deadline for department chairs to receive notification of faculty-member interest in developing a proposal
CeTEAL Writing Circles Study Abroad Program Development Workshop
February 3, 2017
Deadline for having a meeting with Geoffrey Parsons to confirm intent to submit a proposal
February 17, 2017
Deadline for submission of the complete short-term study abroad proposal with budget to department chairs and deans
March 10, 2017
Complete program applications are due in the OIPS including all required signatures in paper copy and as well as an electronic copy in WORD
April 17, 2017
Review cycle through International Programs Committee, Associate Provost and Provost
April 24, 2017
Communication to faculty leaders about proposals
April 28, 2017
First meeting with all 2016/17 faculty leaders
Key student deadlines for 2016/17:
- Deadline to apply for short-term faculty-led study abroad program has been extended to Nov. 9, 2016 (Wednesday)
- Deadline to apply for scholarship for short-term study abroad program has been extended to Nov. 11, 2016 (Friday)