Rotary Global Grant
The Rotary Global Grant provides a one-year scholarship of between $30,000 - $50,000 to complete graduate coursework over a 10-month to one-year period abroad. The grant is supported by Rotary International as a part of its commitment to support exchange and promote improvement in one of the six key areas of focus for Rotary:
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
- Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Water and Sanitation,
- Maternal and Child Health
- Basic Education and Literacy
- Economic and Community Development
How to apply
By January 31 annually, candidates must either be nominated by a CCU faculty or staff member or self-nominate by sending a memo to Associate Provost Dr. Darla Domke-Damonte requesting consideration and invitation to the mentoring process, along with one-page narrative in which the candidate describe how this program is a good fit for the candidate’s past activities and involvement, commitment to lifelong community service, and professional goals. Memos should be directed to email@example.com and only electronic applications will be accepted.
- Must complete an undergraduate degree before the beginning of the grant (by Summer 2018).
- Must be interested in working on a graduate degree abroad that fits in one of the six areas of focus for Rotary as noted above.
- Be engaged actively in the student’s discipline here at Coastal Carolina University
- Currently have at least a 3.3 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Must demonstrate extensive involvement in at least 2 community service projects/initiatives and a commitment to community service as a way of life.
- Be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
Next Application Cycle
Review and submissions begin in January 2017 for study abroad in 2018/19
Applications and mentoring process are coordinated through the Office of Global initiatives. Please refer all questions about the grant and the process at CCU to Dr. Darla Domke-Damonte, Associate Provost for Global Initiatives (firstname.lastname@example.org; +1 843 349 2129).