The Hackler Course at Coastal Carolina University
- The General James Hackler Golf Course
Coastal Carolina University
107 Citadel Drive
Conway, SC 29526
- Directions »
- About James Hackler »
Our Response to COVID-19
To our Members and Guests,
Coastal Carolina University and The Hackler Course would like to thank you for your patience and continued interest in playing our beautiful course. We are pleased to announce that The Hackler Course will reopen on Monday, May 18, 2020.
The health and safety of our patrons, team, and visitors are of the utmost importance, which means that the reopening of the golf course will come with stringent protocols and policies. The following operational guidelines will be in place for all staff and all guests at all times. Anyone found not following these guidelines will be asked to leave the course:
- If you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is, please stay home. Do not come to the golf course and potentially put someone else at risk.
- Stay at least six feet away from all staff, guests, and visitors at all times and everywhere on property including the parking lot, clubhouse, and golf course.
- Avoid prolonged face-to face discussions.
- High-touch areas will be disinfected frequently.
- Golf cars will be disinfected after each round of golf.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times a day.
- Social distancing spaces for customers will be marked on the ground for the safety of staff and patrons.
- Credit cards will be the only accepted type of payment until further notice.
- All food and beverage will be to-go only. Order ahead from the golf cart GPS system to have the order ready at the turn.
- Tee times will be extended between groups.
- No shotgun starts over 50 people will be permitted at this time.
- No gatherings of waiting golfers will be permitted at the bag drop or practice areas.
- Walking is encouraged and a special walking rate is available.
- Bag attendants will not load bags on carts or remove them from vehicles.
- Rakes, ball washers and water coolers have been removed from the course.
- Bunkers will be played as lift, clean, and place at all times. The Hackler Course staff will rake bunkers mechanically throughout the week.
- Flags are not to be touched or removed. Modifications have been made to keep the ball from falling into the cup to allow for easy removal.
We are looking forward to having you back at The Hackler Course. Enjoy yourself and keep it in the short stuff.
Thank you for your support!
About the Hackler Course
Located adjacent to the campus in Conway, South Carolina, the par-72 General James Hackler Course at Coastal Carolina University is the Grand Strand's only university-affiliated course. With its 18 beautifully carved holes, it is home to CCU's PGA Golf Management program, one of only 18 university programs accredited by the PGA of America.
Our clubhouse has a golf shop fully stocked with officially licensed Chanticleer apparel. The practice facility offers an all-grass driving range, practice bunker, 9,000-square-foot putting green and a 3-hole short game area between 20-50 yards to help you warm up before your round.
We have an excellent tournament program, and we specialize in golf outings, corporate outings and clinics.
Advance reservations are recommended, but not always necessary. We would like to personally invite you to be our guest for the day. Once you experience the warm and courteous atmosphere our staff creates, you may never want to leave.