Make An Appointment
To check in for your appointment, click https://coastal.medicatconnect.com/
Please complete all the required pre-visit forms for your appointment.
You are invited to seek health and wellness services from our dedicated team of professionals who are available to assess your health care needs. Student Health Services (SHS) provides quality primary care and prevention and education services that are student-centered with an emphasis on teaching personal responsibility for health and wellness. During these extraordinary times, SHS will safely offer quality health care to students; and to do so, students should anticipate a few changes in how to access on-campus medical services.
For your safety and others, SHS will be screening for coronavirus-like symptoms prior to admitting entrance into the health center.
Be prepared to have your temperature taken and answer questions such as (abbreviated list):
1. Have you traveled anywhere recently (past three weeks)?
2. Are you currently experiencing fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting and/or diarrhea?
3. Have you had close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or greater) with someone with or suspected of having coronavirus (COVID-19)?
You are required to wear a face covering/mask (over nose and mouth) before entering the health center and while inside the health center.
If you have coronavirus-like symptoms, you should anticipate being asked to take the following health and safety precautions:
- Test for COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses when indicated.
- Initiate quarantine or isolation based on COVID-19 test results or ongoing symptoms
- Self-report potential close contacts if your COVID-19 test result is positive.
Lastly, due to the global pandemic all students are required to make appointments for both well visits (gynecological exams/contraception, immunizations, medication management, etc.) and sick visits (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting and/or diarrhea).
- Schedule appointments by calling 843-349-6543.
- For medical emergencies, call 843-349-2911 (on campus Public Safety/First Responders) or 911.
Thank you for supporting SHS’ efforts to safely offer quality health care to students as well as protect the health and safety of SHS personnel; see Health Advisories for other useful information.
Welcome to our health and wellness community.
Caesar C. Ross III
Director, Student Health Services