What is the Honors Program?
Honors students pursue a challenging and personalized education at CCU. They must meet graduated academic requirements and complete a senior thesis in order to earn the designation of "University Honors Program" on their transcript upon graduation from Coastal Carolina University.
Honors students enjoy multiple benefits for participating in the University Honors Program including high levels of personal attention from faculty, priority registration, and designated housing.
Each Fall, the University Honors Program enrolls approximately 100 new first-year students. The total number of students in the University Honors Program has grown to around 270 students.
University Honors Program graduates earn high acceptance rates into the nation's most prestigious graduate and professional schools.
The University Honors Program at Coastal Carolina University is designed to encourage intellectual curiosity and ability in highly motivated and academically-gifted students. Our faculty are interested in enriching your academic experience in the classroom with a challenging and creative learning experience.
Our goal is to offer you a well-structured honors curriculum that incorporates disciplinary, cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives that encourage collaboration among members of the University community to support your personal growth as an honors student.
Besides outstanding faculty, small class sizes..........
- Honors students pursue an enhanced academic curriculum
- Early registration for classes before other students to ensure better course selections before they fill up during the first days of regular registration
- Non-honors classes can be changed to an honors section to give you enhanced opportunities in your choice of curriculum
- Close mentoring relationships with faculty and staff members
- Select housing for honors students only on and off campus
- Opportunity to study in Washington, DC for one semester for course credits
- Study abroad opportunities while earning honors-level course credits
- Honors status designated on your transcript
- Opportunities to be selected for excellence awards